How do I review settings related to my ID being stored on Facebook?
If you send Facebook a copy of your government issued ID to confirm your identity, we may for up to one year to help improve our automated systems for detecting fake IDs and related abuse. If you submit an ID, you can choose to opt out of your ID being used for this purpose, and instead it will be deleted within 30 days in accordance with our standard policies. If you have submitted an ID you can review and edit the choice you made about Facebook's use and retention of your ID in your Facebook settings at any time.
To review your ID storage settings:
- Go to the top right of Facebook and click .
- Under General, go to Identity Confirmation and click View.
- Go to the top right of the Confirming Your Identity section and click .
- Enter your password.
- Your current ID storage settings will appear. You can change your selection by clicking Edit and making a selection.
- To confirm your ID storage selection, click Save.
When this setting is turned on, encrypted photo(s) of your ID(s) will be kept for no longer than one year to help improve our automated systems for detecting fake IDs and related abuse.
When this setting is turned off, encrypted photo(s) of your ID(s) will be deleted within 30 days of submission or of turning this setting off.
How can I use Timeline Review to see posts I'm tagged in before they appear on my Facebook timeline?