How do I change or reset my Facebook password?
Change Your Password
To change your password on Facebook if you're already logged in:
- Click in the top right corner of any Facebook page and select Settings.
- Click Security and Login.
- Click Edit next to Change Password.
- Enter your current password and new password.
- Click Save Changes.
If you're logged in but have forgotten your password, follow the steps under Change Your Password then click Forgot your password? and follow the steps to reset it. Keep in mind that you'll need access to the email associated with your account.
Reset Your Password
To reset your password if you're not logged in to Facebook:
- Go to the Find Your Account Page.
- Type the email, mobile phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click Search.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
For security reasons, you won’t be able to use the same mobile phone number that you use for two-factor authentication to help you reset your password. You’ll need to have a different mobile phone number or email address added to your account to reset your password if you ever need to.
If you're still having trouble, we can help you recover your account.